The recent advent of Bimota Tesi H2 and Kawasaki now having 49.9 percent in Bimota we see strong collaboration between these two motorcycle brands for the future.
No, we dont intend to start any fashion clothing line.Also, we are not sure if Kawasaki and Bimota has any plans to bring Tesi H2 in different schemes as looking at Kawasaki’s Ninja H2 lineup there are hardly any options apart from the default stock paint scheme that it comes with and as far as Ninja H2 Carbon goes it comes in ‘ Mirror Coated Matte Spark Black ‘ .
However, there is one thing important to note and that is 2019 Ninja H2 lineup comes with the self-healing paint scheme a technology that was developed a decade ago by scientists using polyurethane coating that heals on its own whenever scratches are developed and then these scratches are exposed to sunlight.
How self-healing paint is made?
- Chitosan is an important component that is extracted from other components of the outer layer of crustaceans like crabs, shrimps or lobsters called Chitin.
- The next step is to combine the Chitosan with the polymer materials that are used in various paints.
How does it work?
- Whenever any part of the surface is scratched the chemical structure gets derailed and what you observe is scratch.
- The Chitin is the first to react with the UV rays of sunlight. What it does next is it forms a chemical chain with materials present in the coating. Result the scratches are self-healed.
- This technology is used by other car manufacturers like Nissan, Toyota and Mercedez- Benz.
We have not heard that as of now that Bimota will come with the self-healing paint scheme for Tesi H2. But what our creative team would like to propose is the Ninja H2 Carbon fiber paint scheme that essentially is ‘ Mirror Coated Matte Spark Black ‘ on new Bimota Testi H2 and that does effectively change the way we look at two-tone traditional red and white paint scheme on Tesi H2.
Not that the current paint is scheme is not good but we wanted to go one step beyond and create a new look for Tesi H2.
Who knows Bimota might come with one?