On its Youtube channel and other social networks, Honda has released the new 2021 CB1000r teaser video.
Date of the presentation is November 10, 2020. However, we could sense from the video about the new 2021 CB1000r won’t change much.
- Massive 2021 Honda Forza 750 arrives
- 2021 Kawasaki teaser
- Royal Enfield
- 7th teaser of Kawasaki ZX-25r
- When do we see the next Honda Grom?
The new CB1000r will carry forward the lines of the outgoing CB1000r.
One reason why Honda is bringing this change is they would like to comply with the Euro5 norms.
In Europe, the Euro5 norms will start from January 1, 2021.
Notable changes we have observed are
- Although the LED headlight remains, however, there is the shape which comes as an oval rather than round
- The wheels get thinner compared to the outgoing wheels of the CB1000r.
- From the engine perspective, the significant change we will see is now it will align to Euro5 norms.
Therefore there will be changes in the performance specs. The outgoing variant is 998cc, liquid-cooled DOHC In-line 4 cylinder motor which gets max output as 107kW @ 10,500rpm and 104Nm @ 8,250rpm torque.
Honda offers the current CB1000r in three colours
- Matt pearl glare white
- Graphite black and
- Candy chromosphere red
It will be interesting to see if Honda has any plans to bring new paint schemes for its 2021 CB1000r.