Yamaha unveils BS-VI complaint YZRF-R15 3.0 variant in India. Here are the top five things to know.
Now that being said, this is the third version from Yamaha. The power comes down in this version of BS-VI.
1. The new YZRF-R15 is powered with 19.3 PS and comes with dual-channel ABS.
2. Yamaha starts selling this bike across dealers in India from the coming week.
3. It also comes with dual horn, and side stand engine cut off switch. It comes with LED headlight and taillight, digital multifunction display.
4. Available in four paint schemes grey, black, blue, and dark night.
5. The price of YZF-R15 3.0 is INR 1.47 lakhs (ex-showroom).
At the launch, Chairman Motofumi Shitara, said, “With Yamaha continuing to perk up track performances with the R series, the new YZF-R15 Version 3.0 with BS-VI compliant engine and new features can create optimum excitement in India in its respective category”.
For the first and second versions, the bike had a 270 mm (11 in the) single disc with dual-piston calipers in the front, and Nissin based in Japan makes the 220 mm single disc single-piston caliper at the rear.
Version 2.0, the previous version, arrived with various updates like the cases of the engine control unit (ECU), higher seat height, an LED taillight, wider tires, drivetrain unit, split-seat design, larger gear ratio, longer wheelbase, rear mudguard, and redesigned middle and tail section.
Version 3.0 takes cues from the Streetfighter MT-15. It will be interesting to see how this version fares in the Indian market.
Source : Yamaha India