Triumph brings all-new cruiser weapons Rocket 3 R and Rocket 3GT R denoted by Roadster and GT is Cruiser.
What do they get?
3R and GT there are two models
- 3R comes with sportier handlebar when compared to 3GT as it has cruiser handlebar.
- GT gets more space in terms of the seat; seat height is now 29.5 inches, pillion pegs can be adjusted, support in terms of the backrest to the pillion and taller flyscreen are present.
- Paint schemes for both the versions are Phantom Black while Rocket 3 gets additional paint schemes like Korosi Red and the Rocket 3 GT having a two-tone Silver Ice & Storm Grey option that includes a Korosi Red pinstripe decal.
- Both the versions get a new 2458CC DOHC inline-three engine.
- Roughly 11% boost in power compared to previous Rocket 3 that’s an insane power given to cruiser.
- With enormous power, it also becomes lighter by 40 kgs as it gets redesigned and involves balancer shafts, a newly build crankcase accompanied with dry-sump lubrication with the all-new six-gear transmission.
- The rake comes extended to 28 degrees.
Electronics and Goodies
- It comes with standard cruise control and four riding modes out of which one is programmable and rests changes the throttle response.
- Customizable TFT display.
- LED lighting and DLRs.
- Under-seat USB charging point
- For any upgrade Go Pro Control System, Google-powered navigation, Bluetooth smartphone integration, as well as MyTriumph app for iOS and Android. Clutchless shifting is available, as is a tyre pressure monitoring system.
- Head and cam cover, brushed exhaust heat shields and end caps.
- Both the version gets a sculpted tank and aluminium Monza style cap.
- Brushed aluminium air-box cover, brushed aluminium Monza-style coolant and oil caps.
- Machined fins on the crankcases.
- It also gets a lot of touring accessories.
Triumph is looking forward to unveiling the Rocket 3 GT In India on September 10. The Rocket 3 GT will go head-on with Ducati Diavel 1260 and here is the comparison.
Rocket 3 R retails at Rs 18 lakh. We expect the GT version to go higher at somewhere in the range of Rs 18.5 lakh.
|ENGINE & TRANSMISSION|
|Type||Inline 3-cylinder, water-cooled, DOHC|
|Max Power EC||165 HP (123 kW) @ 6,000rpm|
|Max Torque EC||163 LB-FT @ 4,000rpm|
|System||Ride-by-Wire, fuel injected|
|Exhaust||Stainless 3-into-1 headers with 3 exit silencer / CAT box|
|Final Drive||Shaft, bevel box|
|Clutch||Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist|
|Frame||Full aluminium frame|
|Swingarm||Single-sided, cast aluminium|
|Front Wheel||17 x 3.5in cast aluminium|
|Rear Wheel||16 x 7.5in cast aluminium|
|Front Tire||150/80 R17 V|
|Rear Tire||240/50 R16 V|
|Front Suspension||Showa 47mm upside-down 1 1 cartridge front forks, compression and rebound adjuster, 4.7in (120mm) travel.|
|Rear Suspension||Fully adjustable Showa piggyback reservoir RSU with remote hydraulic preload adjuster, 4.2in (107mm) rear wheel travel.|
|Front Brakes||Dual 320mm discs, Brembo M4.30 Stylema® 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, Cornering ABS|
|Rear Brakes||Single 300mm disc, Brembo M4.32 4-piston monobloc caliper, Cornering ABS|
|Instrument Display and Functions||TFT multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and rider modes (Rain/Road/Sport/Rider-configurable) – Triumph TFT Connectivity System can be added with accessory fitted Bluetooth module|
|DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS|
|Width Handlebars||34.8in (886mm)|
|Height Without Mirror||42in (1066 mm)|
|Seat Height||29.5in (750mm)|
|Dry Weight||648.2lb (294kg)|
|Tank Capacity||4.8 US gal|
|Fuel Consumption||6.82 l/100km (32.43 MPG)|
EURO 5 Standard: 158g/km