Unlike Kawasaki, Ducati is taking the game to the next level.
Out of 500 copies, Ducati recently delivered its first copy of its mighty new Superleggera V4 to its owner.
In fact, we saw Borgo Panigale boss, Claudio Domenicali himself went to deliver the bike.
Now how ambitious it is to think about the naked Superleggera V4.
Well, when it comes to the world of designers, we don’t think it is over-ambitious.
Naked Superleggera V4
And here is proof. France based Krax Moto has already stripped the new Superleggera V4 and said
“Panigale V4 Superleggera Naked. Kisses to the purists”.
Krax version of naked Superlegerra V4
The new Superleggera is an incarnation of technological excellence.
With just 159 kgs of dry weight and 226 horses, it gives the Superleggera the most astonishing power to weight ratio of 1.4 hp.
This is without the racing kit. If we add racing kit, the weight goes down to 152 kgs and power goes up by 8 more horses taking it total to 234 horses.
Ducati Superleggera V4
Coming back to our point of naked Superleggera V4.
There will always be an ongoing discussion on fully-faired bikes vs the naked. While the faired tends to have few advantages as well as disadvantages.
Let’s take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of the fully-faired bikes.
- Better aerodynamics.
- Superior crash protection compared to naked bikes.
- Better grip.
- Difficult to take in traffic due to its massive presence.
- Limitations to take them on rough terrain.
However, on the other hand, the arrival of the new material and computer-aided modelling tools, it is very possible to design a very efficient, lightweight naked bike.
And not to forget there are manufacturers like Peraves who has already built a motorcycle with a cabin.
If Ducati has to build the naked Superleggera V4, they will have to answer a few questions and how wise it will be to make a naked Superleggera V4.
- Ducati already has Streetfighter V4 and V4s with 208 horses.
- Streetfighter 4s has a top speed of 168 mph (270 km/h).
So is it necessary to build one?
Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Points to remember
Even if Ducati has to build a naked, there are few things they need to remember.
- To raise the power from 208 to 234 horses for a naked. Far efficient Aerodynamics has to be built as the structure of naked bike will be entirely different, and we are not saying the current Streetfighter V4 or V4s doesn’t have efficient aerodynamics.
Ducati Streetfighter V4 aerodynamics
- According to Ducati, the current aerodynamics helps to pull down the force by 28 kg when the bike goes at 270 kph. (Source: Ducati).
- As you go at high speeds, the downforce will be more considering the fact as there is an increase in power.
- The pulled up wide handlebars may have to go a bit down to support the overall aerodynamics.
- There may be a slight change in the body.
- To accommodate the high downforce, there will be a change in the structure of the winglets.
Ducati Streetfighter V4 and V4s are the epitomai of technological evolution.
However, if Ducati wants to climb one more step and considers bringing a naked Superleggera V4, they may have to think on all the above points.
Associated British Motorcycles unveils two models
Do we see naked Goldwing from Honda?
Limited edition Scrambler for good cause
Ducati’s Streetfighter V4 teaser
What do we see from Honda and Bautista on the WorldSBK scene?