Triumph brings all-new cruiser weapons Rocket 3 R and Rocket 3GT R denoted by Roadster and GT is Cruiser.
Triumph now has launched the Rocket 3 GT in India. However, we have compared both the models.
What do they get?
3R and GT there are two models
- 3R comes with sportier handlebar when compared to 3GT as it has cruiser handlebar.
- GT gets more space in terms of the seat; seat height is now 29.5 inches, pillion pegs can be adjusted, support in terms of the backrest to the pillion and taller flyscreen are present.
- Paint schemes for both the versions are Phantom Black while Rocket 3 gets additional paint schemes like Korosi Red and the Rocket 3 GT having a two-tone Silver Ice & Storm Grey option that includes a Korosi Red pinstripe decal.
- Both the versions get a new 2458CC DOHC inline-three engine.
- Roughly 11% boost in power compared to previous Rocket 3 that’s an insane power given to cruiser.
- With enormous power, it also becomes lighter by 40 kgs as it gets redesigned and involves balancer shafts, a newly build crankcase accompanied with dry-sump lubrication with the all-new six-gear transmission.
- The rake comes extended to 28 degrees.
Electronics and Goodies
- It comes with standard cruise control and four riding modes out of which one is programmable and rests changes the throttle response.
- Customizable TFT display.
- LED lighting and DLRs.
- Under-seat USB charging point
- For any upgrade Go Pro Control System, Google-powered navigation, Bluetooth smartphone integration, as well as MyTriumph app for iOS and Android. Clutchless shifting is available, as is a tyre pressure monitoring system.
- Head and cam cover, brushed exhaust heat shields and end caps.
- Both the version gets a sculpted tank and aluminium Monza style cap.
- Brushed aluminium air-box cover, brushed aluminium Monza-style coolant and oil caps.
- Machined fins on the crankcases.
- It also gets many touring accessories.
The Rocket 3 GT will go head-on with Ducati Diavel 1260 and here is the comparison. Rocket 3 R retails at Rs 18 lakh, and the GT version will retail at Rs 18.40 lakh.
Source: Triumph Motorcycles India