Earlier as mentioned that the Bimota prototype is scheduled for spring, and that’s exactly what has happened.
Bimota uploads photos of KB4
This is a Bimota’s official Facebook page post.
Ci siamo ! Non ancora perfettamente a fuoco…We get there ! Not yet perfectly in focus…Bimota ಅವರಿಂದ ಈ ದಿನದಂದು ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ ಮಂಗಳವಾರ, ಮೇ 12, 2020
It’s purposely made blur, isn’t it, KB4 is written, and Bimota does not announce plans for other models, so it is KB4. Also, see.
- Upper cowl that looks like a teaser video.
- The front fender is coloured and
- No exhaust.
- The meter is like the one of Ninja 1000SX.
- One-seater like the teaser video.
- Of course, the swingarm is different from the Ninja 1000SX.
- The rear fender is still like a prototype.
- There is no seat.
We believe it is one step beyond the clay model.
In the screenshot of the teaser video before this one. There seems to be no big difference between the above picture and this.
Earlier we had told you that the prototype is scheduled for spring. Also, it was rumoured that the first mass production will be in the summer of 2020, and it looks like the current plan for Bimota is progressing smoothly, so will it be as planned?
It could be a little late due to Corona.
Below is past information.
Bimota is back in 2019
As you all know, the TESI H2 was announced at the last EICMA. If you don’t know, please click here.
The model of KB4 comes out with the engine of Ninja1000SX.
The above TESI H2 was unveiled at last EICMA and the design image of the KB4 model was also released. Source: KB4 video-YouTube. It looks like the engine of KB4 is based on the Ninja 1000SX.
The prototype is spring 2020, pre-production type is around summer 2020
- What we heard from a Bimota spokesperson.
- KB4 uses Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX engine.
- The prototype is scheduled for spring 2020.
- So, at this point, it is appropriate to plan for mass production vehicles toward the summer of 2020.
- Kawasaki’s electronic devices are used.
- The idea shared by Bimota engineers is to make a 600cc motorcycle with a 1000cc engine with torque.
.The official account of Bimota also introduced MCN’s article, so we think it is the correct information.
Equipment of the base Ninja 1000SX
The engine and electronic controls are Ninja 1000SX, and the rest of the body seems to be Bimota.
Perhaps the engine remains the same? Will it be tuned?
The main equipment of Ninja 1000SX is as follows.
- Electronically controlled throttle
- Engine mode
- Cruise control
- TFT LCD meter
- Smartphone cooperation
- Up and down quick shifter
- All LED lighting equipment
- Assist & slipper clutch
- BOSCH 6-axis IMU
- Cornering tractor
- Cornering abs
Ninja1000SX is a sports tourer, but is KB4 more like a sports vehicle? KB4 looks like a single passenger. As you can see from the design picture, it seems that a fairly compact frame and a good suspension are used.
Maybe KB4 will go on sale in autumn or winter 2020
“IMI plans to sell 200 BIMOTA brand motorcycles by the end of 2020.”
Kawasaki has released this information, but does this include TESI H2?
And we did talk about the concept model.
There is a possibility that the above 200 units are only TESI H2 numbers, but it is said that the pre-production of KB4 is planned in summer 2020, so it is likely that KB4 will be sold in autumn or winter 2020 and that number is 200.