We saw Jawa Motorcycles brought there most awaited Jawa Perak and immediately Royal Enfield Classic 350 that is single-seater motorcycle was unveiled. Both the motorcycles are unveiled in India.
Well whats common in them. They are lower displacement bobber style motorcycles that are brought into to tap market space that is still virgin.
Let’s see how they fare with each other.
- The most important thing is Perak is aligned with BS6 emission norms.
- A single-seater bobber style motorcycle that has a low stance with a flat handle for a comfortable ride.
- Exhausts are expanded, fenders are chopped, mirrors at the end of the grips. It has altogether a different styling.
- The engine is 334cc, liquid cool, single-cylinder that churns 30hp of power with six-speed gear transmission.
- Larger bore makes the engine slightly enlarged.
- Perak comes with a Kerb weight of 179 kgs and height of 750mm.
- Disc Brakes with dual-channel and ABS will come as standard with 14 liters of fuel tank capacity.
- Front suspension is Telescopic Hydraulic Fork and Rear is Mono Shock Absorber, 7 Step Adjustable.
- Perak also gets altogether different suspension and subframe as compared to Jawa and Jawa Forty Two.
- As if now Perak comes only in one paint scheme and that is Black.
- The Perak is priced at Rs 1.94 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.
Royal Enfield Classic 350
- Classic 350cc gets factory custom options so the user can choose multiple components to customize their motorcycle. Few factory components that can be customized are seat designs, decals, fuel tank, etc.
- The engine is 346cc, single-cylinder, 4 stroke, twin-spark, air-cooled that gets five-speed gear transmission.
- The Classic 350 can churn out 19.8 bhp @ 5250 rpm and 28 Nm @ 4000 rpm.
- Front suspension is Telescopic, 35 mm forks, 130 mm travel and Rear is Twin gas-charged shock absorbers with 5-step adjustable preload, 80 mm travel.
- ABS is a standard Dual Channel / Single Channel (Front Brake) with 13.5 liters of tank capacity.
- The new Classic 350 weighs 194 kg. This is the Kerb weight.
- Classic 350 gets 1090 mm of height with paint schemes are Pure Black and Mercury Silver.
- The price tag of Classic 350 starts from Rs 1.46 Lakhs in India.
- Although both the motorcycles have near about the same displacements while Royal Enfield Classic 350 gets 12cc. There is a difference in power by almost 10 bhp. Perak gets 10 bhp additional as compared to Classic 350cc.
- With this additional 10bhp, the price of the Perak also goes up.
- While we don’t see factory customization options in Perak we get factory customization options in Classic 350.
- Perak only comes in a single paint scheme which is Black while Classic 350 comes in two paint schemes Pure Black and Mercury Silver.
All in all the Battle of Bobbers in lower displacement has started in India.