Sri Lanka is one most scenic place on earth engulfed with Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea.The population in 2018 was 21,670,000 . Looking at few facts about Motorcycle Market in Sri Lanka they are many and astonishing. Lets take a look at few.
- Sri Lankan motorcycle industry is the 16th largest in the World as per MCD Global Motorcycles Ranking.
- On January 20, 1903 first motorcycle arrived in Sri Lanka and Mr. C. Hahn of Messrs Bohirnger & Co was the first person to bring it.
- In 1960’s British make motorcycles like BSA, Norton, Triumph and Royal Enfield motorcycles were very much famous in Sri Lanka.
- In 1970 Japanese make motorcycles like Honda arrived in Sri Lanka.
- Lower displacement motorcycles like Postman and Super Cub later got lot of popularity when government opened Sri Lanka for importing.
Source : Motos